DAVO: German Middle East Studies Association for Contemporary Research and Documentation
- DAVO is the leading association of Middle East scholars in Germany.
- DAVO advocates a relevant, contemporary and interdisciplinary approach to Middle East scholarship.
- Each year, DAVO holds an annual international convention, for which the IMES often organises panels.
- The IMES assists in the publication of DAVO white papers.
EuroMeSCo: Euro-Mediterranean Study Commission
- Members of the EuroMeSCo network come from 33 of the member states of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM). EuroMeSCo unites the most salient research institutions working on relations between Europe and North Africa/the Middle East. Currently, 99 research institutions are integrated into EuroMeSCo.
- EuroMeSCo’s research activities are oriented towards foreign policy and security policy and work to achieve the goals of the UfM.
- Depending on the topic, the IMES participates in the development of EuroMeSCo’s annual research agenda.
Through the signing of cooperation agreements, the IMES has been able to expand its collaboration with leading research institutes and lay the groundwork for formal cooperations in research and knowledge transfer.
Collaborations were agreed upon with the following institutions:
- Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies, Kairo (ACPSS)
- Al-Sharq Center for Regional and Strategic Studies, Kairo (SCRSS)
- Lebanese American University, Beirut, Libanon (LAU)
- Observatoire Tunisien de la Transition Démocratique, Tunis (OTTD)
- Institut Royal des Etudes Strategiques, Rabat (IRES)
Furthermore, in the context of specific research projects, the IMES works closely with other European, North African and Middle Eastern contracted partners, including:
- Forum Euroméditerranéen des Instituts de Sciences Economiques (FEMISE)
- Institut de recherches et d'études sur le Monde arabe et musulman (IREMAM), Aix-en-Provence
- L’Institut d’études de l’Islam et des sociétés du monde musulman (IISMM), Paris
- Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies (IMEIS), University of Durham, Durham UK
- Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies (IAIS), University of Exeter, Exeter
- Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR), Abu Dhabi
- Orient-Institut der Deutschen Morgenländischen Gesellschaft (DMG), Beirut
- Centre for Contemporary Middle East Studies, University of Southern Denmark, Odense
- Middle East Technical University, Ankara
- Universität Bir Zeit, Palästina
The IMES also provides a temporary home base to various visiting scholars.