- The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS) is recruiting two Doctoral Researchers (m/f/div) on 65% TV-L/TV-AVH 13 contracts for the project
“The Challenge to the Challenge: The Belt and Road Initiative’s Implications for Liberal Trade and (Digital) Finance and the Response in Other Countries”
via the Hertie School and GIGA. The contracts shall start 1 September 2020 and are for three years.
- The GIGA seeks to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow. The successful candidate will lead and coordinate the GIGA’s contribution to a research network on “Sustainable Global Supply Chains”. Applications are invited for a full-time position, with a contract of 24 months, ideally starting 1 August 2020 (conditional on funding from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development). Screening of applications will begin on 20 July 2020.
- The Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences, Department of Social Sciences, the Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy both at the University of Hamburg, and the GIGA invite applications for up to four positions as Research Associates for the graduate programme “Democratising Security in Turbulent Times”. The term is fixed for a period of 36 months. The position calls for 65 % of standard work hours per week. Applications should be sent by 31 July 2020.
- The GIGA seeks to appoint a Research Fellow. Applications are invited for a 65% position with a contract of 36 months, starting on 1 November 2020. The successful candidate will work in the project "Religion for Peace: Identifying Conditions and Mechanisms of Interfaith Peace." Screening of applications will begin on 6 July 2020.
- The GIGA seeks to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Applications are invited for a full-time position, with a contract of 33 to 36 months (depending on funding decision), starting 1 September to October 2020. The successful candidate will work in the project "Freedom and Development? Freedom of religion or belief, religious actors, and sustainable development." Screening of applications will begin on 6 July 2020.
No vacancies at the moment. Please have a look at the German page.
The GIGA offers internships for students. As these internships require knowledge of the German language, please see the details (in German):