- The GIGA seeks to hire one Student Research Assistant to support the research project “Religion, Konflikt und nachhaltiger Frieden” for 10-15 hours per week from 1 July to 31 December 2019. Screening of the applications will start at the beginning of June 2019.
- Early Stage Researcher (ESR) position in the Marie Sklodowska Curie Action. Constructing and deconstructing Islamic authority and knowledge online and offline: competing Muslim discourses in the Moroccan diaspora in Europe, in particular the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. Starting date: ideally in September 2019. Deadline: 1 June 2019 (candidatures received after 1 June 2019 will not be considered).
- The GIGA seeks to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Fellow within the Junior Research Group “Sources and Consequences of Legitimation Strategies of Regional Organizations.” Applications are invited for a full-time position, with an initial contract of two years, preferably starting 1 September 2019. Screening of applications will begin on 8 April 2019.
- GIGA seeks to appoint a Research Fellow. She or he will be part of the research project "Drifting Apart: International Institutions in Crisis and the Management of Dissociation Processes (DRIFT)." Applications are invited for a part-time position (65%), with an initial contract of 3 years, starting 1 June 2019. Screening of applications will begin on 15 March 2019.
- The GIGA seeks to appoint a Personal Assistant to the President. Applications are invited for a full-time position, with an initial contract of two years, starting as soon as possible. Screening of applications will begin on 25 April 2019.
The GIGA offers internships for students. As these internships require knowledge of the German language, please see the details (in German):