In this workshop you will learn to design courses that are not only relevant and productive, but also motivate your students.
Systematically, we will have a look at the different phases of a course and discuss what is relevant and how you can involve your audience. Among other things we will have a look at different kind of group work activities and how group work results can be presented in an efficient way.
You will also have the opportunity to practice your own instruction and moderation skills.
• How can you define the goals of your course?
• What should you clarify before you start planning your course?
• Which tools can help you while planning your courses?
• What is relevant in which phase of your course?
• Which active learning methods suit your needs?
Please note that this workshop is for GIGA-internal participants only.
About the lecturer
Gunda Mohr Hamburg, is a business administration graduate (Wirtschaftsakademie Hamburg) and psychologist. She worked in international marketing for Beiersdorf AG for several years. For more than twenty years she has been active as a freelance trainer and coach. Since 2008 she has been employed at the Hamburg Center for University Teaching and Learning, University of Hamburg, where she trains university teachers, tutors and advisors.