Publications in scientific journals are the most important form of exchange within the scientific community and represent a decisive career factor. It is therefore essential for doctoral students to master the art of scientific writing at a high level. This workshop addresses advanced writers and imparts important skills on the way to your own scientific publications. The main aim is to find ways to write more efficient and to produce outcomes that are easier to understand. Helpful software solutions will be presented and participants will be given sufficient time to try out, apply and exchange what they have learned.
In detail, the following points will be part of the workshop:
- Good style and reader orientation / addressee reference
- Advanced tips on abstract, structure, introduction and conclusion (contents and structure)
- Revision of written material including handling of feedback / reviews
- Practical tools in the writing process and in the organisation of literature
- Techniques to produce text quickly
This course will be offered online and is divided into two half days (afternoons) so that there will be time to practice what you have learned in between.
About the trainer
Alexander Egeling is a freelance trainer and coach for management, career and communication. He holds the Saxon university didactics certificate and the UBC certificate of organizational coaching (according to the ICF standard), studied business administration in Leipzig, Adelaide and Freiberg and did his doctorate at the HSU Hamburg.