In this workshop, the participants learn to express their thoughts more clearly in writing using a wide range of language
tools and a more versatile vocabulary. They work systematically to improve their grammatical weaknesses and to
develop their essay-composing skills, with regards to style, expression and coherence. Based on a systematic,
practice-oriented approach, we "analyze" essays, reports and other scientific text forms by breaking them down into
their individual components, optimizing the writing competence of each participant.
Content of the Workshop
• Recognizing essential characteristics of different types of text
• Feedback and help with individual questions and difficulties
• Focusing on essays: form, style, core statements / key phrases
• Basics of spelling and grammar
• Using stylistic devices such as inversion, connecting words, etc.
• Creating text blocks and templates
About the lecturer
The workshop is offered by Intercom Language Services, a specialist for professional, in-house English training in Hamburg for 34 years. The teacher of this workshop is Louise Kennedy.
Please note that this seminar is aimed at internal participants (GIGA Doctoral Students, Postdocs and Senior Researchers) only.